I made this last night for dinner. Forgot to take a picture. I came across the recipe when trying to figure out what to do with a batch of spaghetti that I slightly overcooked. Only note of caution: do NOT increase the amount of spaghetti without increasing the other ingredients or the pan size. Trust me – spaghetti paste will be your result. Not yummy.
That said, this is the BEST recipe! Pretty cheap, likely you’ll have the ingredients on hand, and for some reason it isn’t too much like plain old spaghetti and sauce so that you feel like you just ate the same thing. Nowadays, I cook more spaghetti than I need and stick it in the freezer to make this at a later date.
Preheat oven to 350.
- 4-5 cups cooked spaghetti (4 if wheat)
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 c cottage cheese
- up to 1 lb cooked ground beef or diced chicken (optional)
- 1/2 c chopped onion (optional)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- italian seasoning, to taste (or whatever seasoning you want)
- pepper, to taste
- 1 – 2 c grated cheese (we use mozz/cheddar blend)
1. Mix well the spaghetti, parmasean, and egg in a bowl and transfer to 9×13 baking pan (I’ve also just mixed it right in the baking pan and it’s fine).
2. Spread cottage cheese evenly over spaghetti mix.
3. Spread meat and onion, if using (I usually don’t) evenly over cottage cheese.
3. Pour sauce evenly over the food.
4. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the sauce.
5. Cover with foil and cook for 25 minutes at 350. Remove foil and cook 5 more minutes or until cheese melted. Let sit for a few minutes before digging in! Goes well with salad, a green veggie, and garlic bread.
This is a modified version of this recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/spaghetti-pie-20830