Oh my, these are SO good. I originally made them last year trying to come up with some healthy snacks for my kids and ended up eating nearly the whole pan by myself. They’re easy, healthy, frugal, and take advantage of fall produce. You can use sweet potatoes, yams, or butternut squash!
Preheat oven to 400
- Cut up a medium or large sweet potato into thick fries (about 1 inch)
- Coat lightly in a bowl with olive oil or Pam
- spread on a cookie sheet
- sprinkle with kosher salt
- Bake at 400 for 40 min – 1 hr, checking often to prevent burning
- They’re done when easily pierced with a fork
They usually aren’t super crispy. But I like them that way and so do my kids. If you want, you can blanch them and pat dry before baking and put parchment paper down first. That helps them to be more like fries. You can also try adding pepper and other spices.