I saw this idea a while ago on the Home Joys blog. A bunch of bloggers were doing this but it started well before January. I liked the idea so much I thought I’d do it for myself anyway this year. I mentioned it in my post about New Year’s resolutions as well. So here’s my 12 things to learn/do!
- January – Try at least 3 new recipes for cleaning products (I’m thinking detergent I can use on cloth diapers, antibacterial hand soap, and dishwashing detergent that actually cleans dishes).
- February – Make homemade pasta… that’s edible
- March – Set up a “square foot” garden (I have raised bed finished. Just need to make a grid and finish setting up a trellis. I also have grand dreams for my grape vines and a new perennial flower and herb garden for cutting.)
- April – Learn and practice the basics of photography so I can take better pictures of my kids/family
- May – Learn the basics of hermeneutics (borrowing a book from a friend that she used in a hermeneutics class)
- June – Set up a worm compost bin
- July – Learn how to arrange flowers in a vase
- August – Can vegetables, if I can get a pressure canner by then.
- September – Complete at least 3 recipes from The Laurel’s Kitchen Bread Book so I can learn how to make great bread without a bread machine.
- October – learn calligraphy
- November – Make homemade pie crust
- December – Learn to knit, and make something to use/give
That’s it! What would you put on your list?